Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It was “hell” for a little kitty in a “heavenly” place called CHIJMES

12.30pm, I decided to walk within CHIJME to take shelter from the rain and see what I found - a scrawny little ginger-white kitten totally drenched and curled up on the side of the walkway. Fortunately I have with me today, a plastic bag that was just big enough to put the kitten in. I took a taxi to my estate and then drove to hand the kitten to Mei to care.

3.30pm, Phyllis called to let me know that Jimes had just passed away peacefully. She suspected it might have suffered a fractured spine as there was no movement in the hind legs.

You can help Jimes on its way to a good rebirth by doing good and positive acts in its name. Positive energy is generated by kind thoughts, kind words and kind acts. Mentally direct this energy to Jimes. This energy will be like water sprinkled onto the good karmic seeds in Jimes’ mindstream. The flowering of these good karmic seeds will result in a good rebirth for Jimes, such as being born as a human endowed with compassion that is balanced with wisdom. Recite prayers or send him loving-kindness. It doesn’t matter what are the religious labels of prayers and meditation, if it comes from the heart, they are like rays of light shining on the path and guiding Jimes towards the light of bliss.

How long have you lain your tired body on the corridor?

How many patters of feet have passed you by?

And how many eyes have skipped you by?

What memories were there In your young ailing body

That withered before it had even bloomed

Leave your pain behind

In the body that is now returning to mother earth

Carry forth the joy of love

Perhaps the seeds we planted together today

Will blossom in a time not far away

When I am old and crumbling in a nursing home

You are young and filled with loving-kindness

You hold my hand and whisper in my ear

Be not afraid my dear

Leave your pain behind

I am here to guide you to the Light of everlasting bliss