Tuesday, November 11, 2008

They should address more serious problems

The Electric New Paper :

Click to see larger image PICTURE: REUTERS

TOWN COUNCIL CULLING CATS
They should address more serious problems
A FRIEND of mine was upset because her town council was culling cats in her neighbourhood after a resident complained of a cat defecating on the grass patch in front of her flat.
11 November 2008
A FRIEND of mine was upset because her town council was culling cats in her neighbourhood after a resident complained of a cat defecating on the grass patch in front of her flat.

I wish my town council can be as efficient when it comes to more serious complaints, such as problems posed by the increasing number of cyclists. There have been so many personal near misses that I feel it is inevitable that one day I will be hit.

I also wish my town council can be as efficient in educating people to not throw unhygienic or dangerous items, such as soiled sanitary pads, out of their flats. Once a knife came flying down and narrowly missed my head.

I also wish my town council can educate the karung guni man not to urinate at the rubbish chute.

I appeal to the town council to be reasonable when responding to complaints and to stop pandering to unreasonable ones.

There is always the Cat Welfare Society (www.catwelfare.org) to consult even if the town council cannot do a simple Google search on humane ways to repel cats.

One solution is it can try is to sprinkle crushed camphor balls on the area the complainant is unhappy about.

Please stop victimising the cats.

FROM READER TAN CHEK WEE