Saturday, December 20, 2008

I cry for you, my dears. I cry for you.

My Journal


Blog Entryglut and brutalityDec 19, '08 10:33 PM
for everyone

from Animal Family's blog:

http://animalfamily.multiply.com/journal/item/351/glut_and_brutality

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2008-12/16/content_7310357.htm

my heart sinks when i see my feline brothers and sisters caged like this to be bought, sold, weighed and finally eaten. then i remember our friends in poultry, cattle and other farms who suffer the same fate and i am not sure i have the right to complain.

but i say this for all of us who are lesser than the mighty men. i can understand if a starving person had to catch us to fill his family’s stomach. i can even understand if someone had no other livelihood but to farm us. because they are careful with what they have and they are grateful for what they are given.

for the rest of you, why are you so hungry? so hungry you have exchanged your natural abhorrence to glut and brutality that is shark’s fin soup, foie gras, veal, fur coats and on and on, and for what? for that bloated esteem of living what is a good life. that is what it is. i hope you are happy
.