Sunday, December 21, 2008

In Memory of an Old Tortie Gal


1st July 2008

This tortie gal lived in a car park and its vicinity for many years. I first met her about 4 years ago. Then I didn't walk this way for about 2 years. Recently I walked by and she still recognised me.

She went missing for a few weeks and I have been searching for her.

In the lift a short while ago, I met one of the my downstairs neighbours. She told me that a few weeks ago, her sister witnessed a “brownish” cat being chased by a black-and-white cat. She dashed across the road and was hit by a van. She was hit again by the car behind. She called the SPCA that came later to retrieve the body. This occurred at the road next to where this old gal would wait for me to walk across to give her some food. I don’t think she waited just for the food as she had better food placed on paper next to entrance of the multi-storey car park. She just wanted to see a friend. When I went in seach of her at different times of the day and on different days, I noticed that the paper with leftover cat food was no longer there. The feeder must have also realised she was gone.

It must have been an instant death for her and she didn't suffer much.