Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Update on a cat rescued from a Kopi-tiam, hence her name KoFi

"Attached are a few photos of Kofi and with Ash. She’s doing very well these days, her IBS is under control with proper diet, and as I said, she is extra manja with her daddy, sleeps with him most nights, and if not, she’d walk right up his belly to meow in his face to wake him up. hehe Otherwise, she gets along with Ash, constantly reminding him that she is no pushover even if he is a heavier cat…she can be a bully at times, but all in good jest when they both play. My friends who have met her from day one till recently also said she’s rounder (not really fat lah haha) and cuter…I think she is happy, as we are too to have her in our family.

Again, Merry Christmas and a Happy 2009 from all of us.

Best wishes,
J & D
Kofi & Ash

Tuesday, December 23, 2008 2:12 PM

photoKoFi

photo2KoFi and Ash

photo3KoFi



This is the tabby kitten I saw chewing on the chicken drumstick at the coffee-shop yesterday. I carried her to a safe place at the playground nearby. I fed her again at about 9.30pm and this morning at about 8am. The tabby white-paw male was attracted by the fancy feast smell but tabby female wouldn’t share the food with him.

I decided to send her for fostering as her overly trusting temperament put her in danger of being hurt by the school kids from the nearby primary school. Jerome saw some of these school kids kicking a brownish cat just two days ago.

But I couldn’t find her at about 3pm.

At about 8pm, I decided to look for her again, bringing along a soft cat carrier. And guess what I found when the lift door opened on the first level?! This tabby kitten was crouching just next to the lift door! No wonder I saw a plastic container of milk placed near the steps to the lift lobby w a while ago when I came back from work. Either someone carried her back to this block or she followed this person over a long distance 500metres.

I put her into the carrier back and drove to the foster home. She meowed sweetly on the back seat. I hope she will be adopted soon. I named her Ko-Fi.