Saturday, March 14, 2009

From a "stray" to being a "home companion" - The Story of Stripes, aka Short-Tail




22nd May 2004: The frisky kitten appeared at my “old” block ***. He roamed around and I had to bring him back a few times from the next block. He looked for playmates like a ginger kitten at the next block. I called him Stripes. He disappeared a month or so later




7th August 2005:
I moved to another part of the estate and one day, I thought I saw a cat that looked like Stripes. If it were Stripes, then he had moved about 500 metres and across a major 2-way road!! He was around Blk **/** and only made occasional appearances at the “downstairs” Later I met Carol who had been feeding him on the way to work and on the way home from work. Together we managed to trap him and brought him to a cattery. I took photos of him and studied against the photos I had of Stripes. And indeed Short-tail (named by Carol) was indeed Stripes!


7th August 2005:
After a few months of boarding in the cattery, Short-tailed was adopted by Elaine who was fascinated by “fat cat”.

MMS photos received today of Stripes aka Short-Tail aka Astro

stripes_14032009_02

stripes_14032009_011