Friday, May 15, 2009

Rocky has been found

Rocky has been foundMay 15, '09 2:48 AM
for everyone

Rocky

has lots of grooming to do

Rocky was found this morning at 3 am in a different part of the estate...

after he had gone missing for about a month.

I have to thank several people for this miracle to happen and especially the kind Malay Lady who called in the early morning hours!

First there was the big obstacle of having my "missing cat" posters removed twice a day most probably by zealous RC members. I kept pasting new ones up every day for about a week. I had also passed some posters to TC and RC for their notice board... but the were not put up!

I am very saddened by this lack of compassion for animals and their guardians or caregivers...

A few days ago a neighbour who saw my poster called that he saw a cat with bluish collar at Blk 101... I searched the area but no success...

Then two days ago Cat Uncle happened to ask for another caregiver's (W) number. I had not contacted W for a long time...but when she called me and told me that she is trying to sterilize a cat at blk 100 plus I mentioned about the missing Rocky. She said she had seen a cat with a light blue collar at around 117/118. Again we searched but couldn't find him. We left two posters at the lift lobby of both blocks.

My phone rang at 3am but I did not answer thinking it must be a prank call. Then the home phone rang and my daughter answered. A lady said Rocky was at block 118. My daughter went but didn't bring carrier thinking she could simply carry Rocky home... if it was him.

However, a very frightened Rocky tried to run away so she had to wait for my son to bring the carrier... meanwhile I prepared the cage for him.

Without the posters it would not have been possible to find Rocky! Another person also had called but it turned out to be a different cat. So far people responding to my missing cat posters have always been very sincere... no prank calls.

It is clear to me that Rocky had been relocated... he never ventured further then 2 or 3 blocks in the past 4 years. The location where he was found is far from his territory ... at least 20 mins walking distance.