Saturday, July 4, 2009

SPCA officer practises what it preaches

The Straits Times
STForum Online
July 4, 2009
SPCA officer practises what it preaches

I WISH to extend my compliments to Mr Shankar, the officer on duty, for acting immediately on the phone call that I made to Ms Rita of the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA).

There was a small kitten lost in the drain near my place and I was worried about leaving it alone. Although Ms Rita advised me to wait a little longer to be sure the kitten was stuck (as it might find its way out), she sensed my urgency and concern that somehow I was sure the kitten was lost and might have been in the drain for hours, if not the whole day.

Mr Shankar was on the scene very quickly. He was very friendly and patiently lured the kitten out, while feeding its mother. He also waited to see if they were all right before he left.

I am relieved to know one can turn to SPCA for help.

Shelby Doshi (Ms)