Sunday, September 20, 2009

The different lullabyes in Ragtime

Sunday, September 20, 2009

The different lullabyes in Ragtime

I grew up surrounded by music, and here's one of my childhood favourites, Lullaby in Ragtime, from the movie, The Five Pennies.

Won't you play the music
So the cradle can rock
To a lullabye in ragtime
Sleepy hands are creeping
To the end of the clock
Play a lullabye in ragtime



Alicia's niece and their rescued cat, Damia


You can tell the sandman is on his way
By the way that they play
As still as the trill of a thrush
At twilights hush



Uncle Heng's grandson, Little Matthew Broshko and Yuji


So you can hear the rhythm of the ripples
On the side of the boat
As you sail away to dreamland
High above the moon
You hear a silvery note
As the sandman takes your hand



Suki and Bobby


So rock-a-bye my baby
Don't you cry my baby
Sleepy time is nigh
Won't you rock me to a ragtime lullabye



Bunny in his "bin"


Goodnight, folks!