Thursday, November 19, 2009

Loving Animals

Loving Animals

October 21, 2009

The following is a compilation of messages composed by Tsem Tulku Rinpoche on Twitter. Follow Rinpoche on Twitter to receive these and more... LIVE!

Loving Animals

Entertaining the idea of becoming vegetarian? It's not a big step or a difficult step BUT A NECESSARY STEP. Eating meat is like cigarettes and alcohol; you get an immediate 'satisfaction' or high, and then NOTHING.

You definitely want to do the right thing. And the right thing doesn't hurt you or return to you in a bad way. Just be kind and stop eating animals who also have the right to live. JUST DO IT. INSPIRE OTHERS TO DO IT. I request you and beg you to go ahead and go VEGETARIAN. I don’t want to sound pushy, but just passionate about it.

I'm now in process of looking for land to start an animal shelter. It is very exciting. We are acquiring our first land tortoise. It was in small cage at pet shop. When I saw photos of it, it broke my heart. He likes to run around on the grass, eat greens and have shelter from rain so we are in the process of making that for him. We dedicate it that we can do much more for animals in future. Please encourage others to save animals.

For your beloved pets, or animals you come across, it is very beneficial to recite the Medicine Buddha mantra (TAYATHA OM BEKANZE BEKANZE MAHA BEKANZE BEKANZE RANDZA SAMUGATHE SOHA) loud enough so that they can hear, and then blow on them gently. You can do this everyday or whenever. Same procedure for Namgyalma's mantra (OM DROOM SOHA) which is very benefical as well. You can also do Manjushri (OM AH RA BA TSA NA DHI) and Tara's mantra (OM TARE TUTTARE TURE SOHA), they are also very beneficial. If convenient, it is good to place consecrated stupas / lam rim books on their heads.

Blessed mani pills can be soaked in water, so that a little can be added to their drinking water. If you have fish, mantras can be blown onto the surface of the water. Mani pill-blessed water can be added to the fish tank as well, just a few drops is okay. By blowing mantras on animals, reciting mantras for them to hear, blessing them with mani pill water, putting precious objects on their heads, etc – all of this will help to plant precious blessed karmic seeds in their mindstreams so in the future, the seeds will open, affording them a rebirth with capabilities to practise Dharma.

Since you love your pets or feel compassion for animals, this is good way to help them and plant seeds. Whenever I have a chance, I would go to places where animals were to be slaughtered. I would go to recite mantras for them to hear. I felt terrible that these animals were going to be slaughtered and I couldn’t do anything about it, so I would recite mantras for them. Hopefully, I planted seeds in their mindstreams that would blossom or be triggered to open at a later date.

My pet dog, Yogi, gets mantras blown on him nearly everyday. Sometimes I will blow mantras on his foods before he eats. That helps also. This is a good way to bless our pets that we love. I am worried about my Yogi and what will happen to him when he dies so the best is this for him. This is also the best for all animals, which deserve our pity. So take the time to recite and blow the mantras recommended to bless their minds for a better rebirth in the. future. That is my wish which I share with you all. Much love, care and request to help animals / bless them. Thank you all very much.

#TsemTulku

Follow Tsem Tulku Rinpoche on Twitter for more daily musings ... LIVE!