Friday, January 22, 2010

Koon-King trapped in the switch room


22-01-2010 at 11am
It was raining.
I heard meowing as I entered the void deck. A Chinese aunty walked down the staircase. She too heard the meowing. It sounded like Koon-King. We searched and I found the meowing coming from the Switch Room facing the back of the block.
Auntie said that it meant death for Koon-King as the room was used to hold cats in traps caught by the town council.

I wanted to call the town council when Auntie suggested the Supervisor, whose number was on the notice board.
A Malay man answered the phone.

He said he would send "my men" to the block immediately.

When no one came after 10minutes, my colleague called the Supervisor.

About 20 minutes later, an Indian foreign worker arrived. He seemed agitated and blamed my colleague for putting the cat inside. He said the door was locked and wondered how the cat got in. Explaining that the cat could have run in out of curiosity when the room was opened recently and hence accidentally locked in didn't seem to get to this worker's head.

The Supervisor called my colleague to check if the cat was freed.

I called the supervisor to thank him and took the opportunity to inform himthat the cats in this neighbourhood were neutered and well loved. I also requested that he informed his workers to check for any cats that could walk into the swtich rooms to prevent such accidental lock-in.

Koon-King didn't seem to too traumatised and after a few minutes, he ate the kibbles.