Monday, January 25, 2010

Popular neighbourhood kitty suffers severe burns after man pours hot water on it

Popular neighbourhood kitty suffers severe burns after man pours hot water on it

STOMPer Sarah says this well-loved neighbourhood cat, whom she names Tiger, has recently suffered these severe burns. A neighbour told her that a man in his sixties was apparently the one abusing Tiger.

Sarah elaborates:

"It pains me to be writing this.

"A lovable cat that I named Tiger has been living around my housing estate for more than 2 years. It does not make any noise or cause any disturbance to the residents. Many residents also take turns to feed it daily to ensure that its health is being cared for.

"Recently however, not only has Tiger been looking depressed, a few residents and I noticed that Tiger has been severely abused.

"A lady told me that there is a 60+ year old man that was seen kicking Tiger until it was limping. He was also seen looking for Tiger, specifically to torture it.

"Lately, Tiger was seen with horrible burns on his face, leg and part of his body.

"The lady also told me that whenever the old man sees her feeding Tiger, he would shout at her to stop or bring it elsewhere.

"The incident took place at Blk 877, Yishun Street 81.

"I will be sending Tiger to a vet and am appealing for anyone who would love to contribute even a small amount of money for his treatment. I do hope that residents living around this estate can keep an eye out for such abuse.

"Anyone with evidence, I implore you to come forth and nab the culprit.

"The supposed culprit was last seen washing this red car at around 5-6pm."

Click on thumbnails for larger image
Keywords: animal abuse