Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sad Story of a Dog killed at Sembawang Animal Quarantine

Sad Story of a Dog killed at Sembawang Animal Quarantine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:19 am Post subject: Sad Story of a Dog killed at Sembawang Animal Quarantine Reply with quote

Recently, I flew my dog back to Singapore and he was under 30 days quarantine at AVA Sembawang Animal Quarantine Station, 10 Lorong Chencharu. Over there, I noticed this sweet brown dog who I named her 'Betty'. She's a loving dog. Visitors like me will ask the guards whose dog is that. But she's just a stray dog who treats the compound as her home and constantly guarding it. To the guards, she's great companion who will always go on routine patrols with them and keep them company.

I am always happy to travel the far distance to AVA Sembawang though I stayed at the other part of the island, not that I can visit my dog but to see Betty to welcome me at the front gate every time I visit. She's such a sweet girl. Based on her size, she is most probably less than 2 years old. She is so adorable and harmless. She always seems so merry running around. Back in my mind, I thought of adopting her, but well, I am overwhelmed with the number of pets that I currently have adopted. Betty seems so happy running freely in that piece of land. Some times, I see her lying in the middle of the field enjoying the breeze and sun-bathing.

After many visits, Betty finally let me pat her head and in return, she licked my hand back. My 1st touch on her head last Thursday was also my last touch… I no longer see her welcoming me at the gate anymore. I questioned the guard who she always petrol with and he told me the tragic death of her.

On 09 October 2009, Friday, AVA has sent a team of catcher to seize her. To avoid her being caught, the guards chased away the other side of the land.

On the following day, the guard spotted Betty who seems to be sick so he did a prayer for her. After a while, Betty just collapsed in front of him. The guard cried in tears. AVA has claimed her body. The guard questioned on her death and was told by AVA that she died of poisoning.

I learnt from the guards that this is not the 1st attempt that AVA tried to seize her and he was always worried of her threatening life. He has spoken to the Indian lady in-charged who sits in the Quarantine office but seems she has no mercy on Betty.

Now Betty has gone to heaven. She is a harmless hardworking dog and never had created any trouble, can lost her life. A person that holds no mercy on helpless innocent strays holds an evil heart shall deserve no mercy too. Now I am really worried not only for my dog but the rest of the animals being locked up in AVA.

Can you feel safe and secure when your nanny who takes care of your child daily turns out to be a child hated who will beat up children?

http://www.asdsingapore.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=111&func=view&id=3905&catid=8