Friday, January 29, 2010

SPCA Officer: 'His kindness encourages animal caregivers.'

The Straits Times
ST Forum
Jan 29, 2010
Bouquets

SPCA officer

'His kindness encourages animal caregivers.'

MS ONG LU LU: 'Last Friday, I found a cat stuck on a ledge at the fifth level of an HDB block. It was in a perilous position as it could fall from the ledge which was only 30cm wide. It was very stressed and frightened as it had been stuck there for hours. As I could not reach it, I called the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) for help. Despite its limited resources and manpower, its animal handling officer, Mr Morgan, arrived in less than an hour. I was impressed by his expertise and knowledge as he carried out the rescue work in an efficient manner. As I was wondering what to do with the cat after it was removed from the ledge, Mr Morgan offered to take it back to SPCA for sterilisation. I am grateful for his offer. His kindness encourages animal caregivers like me to continue with animal welfare work.'