Sunday, February 21, 2010

Billy brings my neighbours closer

I've stayed at my present place since 1996 officially I bought the unit in Sept 1995 but I was away for almost 2 months touring Hawaii,Canada and USA and stayed with my sister Maria and family in Loussianna for almost1 month...and not only I get to see how Marde Grasse was celebrated I even celebrate Hari raya for the first time in my life away from the family in Singapore.

Since staying here I'd only know my neighbours with greetings of hello and a smile but things have changed now that I have Billy.My immediate neighbour is a family of 4 with a son and daughter.Chieh-chieh is now working with HSBC @ Raffles Place after she got her diploma and kor kor just finished his NS.Auntie A is working and she will leave early for work and same goes to uncle.When father was alive he will always say hello when they walk pass I don't get to see them much as I stayed indoors most time when I am home.

Things have changed now that Billy is around I will keep the front door open for him to sit by the gate and watch for the bird bird:)Since knowing I have Billy auntie and family always stop at the gate and talk to Billy even though she is also scared of cats to begin with ... auntie also got my neighbour from the other side to come and see Billy and this auntie B is more daring she wants to touch Billy and I let her.When auntie A sister and family come she gets the children too to come and see Billy.

When auntie B and uncle B are at the corridor they will peep to see if Billy is at the gate and will call him and as usual Billy will be a showing off doing his gymnastic act at the gate ..... hehehe
On the eve of CNY chieh chieh came to talk to Billy and I invited her into the house and like her mother she is also scared of cats ... but she was willing to try and carry Billy for me to snap a picture of her with Billy....that evening before they start their reunion dinner I drop over to their place carrying Billy with me and gave them a bag of 2 oranges and the photos of chieh chieh carrying Billy which I printed out from my lappie.She was very happy as I not only gave a copy of the photo I even made it into a CNY card for her.

Today kor kor came and brought a bag of 2 oranges and a bottle of kuih bangkit with the message that his mummy say to give .... and Billy was there to accept it.

Thank you Billy for bringing our neighbours closer to us as this is the first time that we get a CNY goodies from them after almost 15 yrs:)

A cat do bring us closer indeed and I am glad Billy is one of those cats and I hope we will be happy as neighbours.
A goodwill tokens from a neighbour
Billy and chieh chieh new year card.