Thursday, February 18, 2010

Online Only - We're really a community now...

TODAY
Online Only - We're really a community now...
11:00 PM Feb 17, 2010
Letter from Shirley Goh

I refer to "Bonding over a 'community cat'" (Feb 17) by Dr Tan Chek Wee.

I have been taking care of the community cats in my neighbourhood for four years and it is through these cats that I get to know many of my neighbours of various races, religions and cultures, whom I may not have got to know otherwise.

Sending greetings and presents to each other during our respective festive seasons and inviting each other to our homes for dinner are just some of the activities that we do. The bonds we forged through a common love and interests for these community cats are really far greater than those from other community events.