Thursday, March 11, 2010

New Zealand news: "Banks helps rescue cat stuck up tree"

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/banks-helps-rescue-cat-stuck-up-tree-3405095

Published: 1:06PM Thursday March 11, 2010

Source: NZPA

Banks helps rescue cat stuck up tree (Source: ONE News) Source: ONE News

Auckland mayor John Banks, a candidate for the mayoralty of the proposed new super city, has been uncharacteristically modest about his efforts to save a cat stuck up a tree at a constituent's house.

Banks got a call late Wednesday night from the cat's owner about its plight and spent about two hours trying to help on Thursday morning.

However, the mayor refused to talk about it.

"No, no, no, no, no, no.

"I love cats. I am an animal rights activist. Thank you very much for the call.

"There is nothing more to say. I change light bulbs for elderly people, I unblock drains and I rescue cats. It is part of being the mayor of a super city.

That is all I want to tell you. Have a great day."