Wednesday, September 8, 2010

'I urge dog owners to exercise consideration towards their pets.'

The Straits Times

Sep 8, 2010

My Point

Cruel acts

'I urge dog owners to exercise consideration towards their pets.'

MR SIVARAJAH NATHAN: 'I refer to the report ('Dog beaten to death in Sengkang'; Aug 20). The perpetrators should be found and brought to justice. I have also observed some dog owners who, while taking their pets for a walk, keep dragging them, giving them no chance to urinate or even smell the roadside grass. There are also some who jog with their dog in tow on a leash. The poor dog is often forced to keep up with the owner who doesn't even bother to check whether the animal is thirsty or tired. These are acts of cruelty and I urge dog owners to exercise consideration towards their pets.'