Saturday, January 14, 2012

When I made the decision...

http://whenimadethedecision.tumblr.com/post/15566017311/when-i-made-the-decision-to-start-stray-cat
"When I made the decision to start stray cat management and sterilisation in my neighborhood in 2002, pay was not a key factor. Getting bitten and scratched by traumatised felines, receiving rude emails and brush-offs from 2 doctorate-titled MPs, reducing my brain cells to zero while reasoning with cat-hating complainants were. The disruption to my sanity was also an important consideration. I had some ground to believe that my family would not suffer a drastic change in the standard of living even though I experienced a drop in my brain cells from dealings with irrational cat-haters, condescending holier-than-thou MPs and cowboy Town Council block officers. So it is with the recent nasty email threads I received from a certain hypocritical doctorate MP in the east who sternly told me not to compare her with a young 27-yr old MP within the same constituency. If the balance is tilted further in the future, it will make it harder for anyone considering speaking to MP intelligently while standing up for the voiceless animals. One might consider undergoing brain lobotomy before doing any animal welfare mediation work with the powers that be in the near future."